A Showcase of the Self

My everyday life. In my own words.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The bottle broke!

For the concerned, the curious and those who are purely kepoh, let me tell you the story behind my negative MSN nick (maDCap is pissed off. Who needs friends when all they do is lie?).

It all began last night. What started out as a normal, happy MSN conversation soon turned slightly sour when I found out I'd been blown off by a couple of friends for another person. Fine, so I've been known to exaggerate a teeny bit, but the matter remains : how fair is it to break a promise for a (in my opinion) lame reason?

Here's the scoop. Last month, a bunch of us decided to throw a lil' potluck party during the coming Mooncake Festival. What a great idea right? Food feast and beating the homesick blues all in one go! Anyhoo, Ed and I invited a couple of friends from the city who at that time, EXCITEDLY agreed to turn up. In fact, they even planned the dishes they were bringing and did the usual, "who'll be there?" kinda deal. Boy, were we happy!

However, last night the happiness proved to be short-lived when these couple of friends decided to pull out. Oh, you'd think they'd have a good solid reason for doing so right? But no! They claim, that they just have to attend a birthday party of another friend who seemingly has no friends! What a load of bull! You don't go around agreeing to one thing and then pull out of it for such a lame reason! What's even worse, the guy isn't even their friend (so I'm guessing). He just happens to be a friend of their housemate.
Give me a noble cause or tell me the plain truth. Either would have been better than the stupid reason they attempted to conjure up! Seriously, what a load of bull! If you weren't happy to come down to the suburbs in the first place, don't agree! In future, give a tentative answer or a 'maybe' would have suffice. But no, you go and agree and then change you mind after that.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset because they are not turning up. Rather, I'm just totally disappointed in the fact that they found it hard to keep a simple promise or just speak the plain truth.
I'm kind of relieved that I found out from another friend about their change of mind. Else, I'm not sure what would have happened if I'd spoken directly to them. Don't worry, I've cooled down somewhat since then! In the words of my housemate, "Erin, lan cheng!"
Since I've ranted and vented it all out here, I'm feeling heaps better. Oh well, despite what I said last night, and what I said in the above, I guess a friend is a friend is a friend is a friend. I'll probably still forgive them and be all nice, etc. No grudges to be held. Only fond memories. Will still appreciate them despite their absence (for lack of a better word!). Haha! If they happen to read this posting, er, well...just letting you know how I feel!~ *grin*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good on you for being the bigger person and is able to forgive =)

12:41 PM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home