A Showcase of the Self

My everyday life. In my own words.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Diet, be gone! Erin's Desserts : Day 1

Although she'll deny this, I swear it's the truth. It's all Wei Na's fault! Seriously. Remember how I was all gung-ho about dieting yesterday? Well, I can safely say that as for this week, the diet has been put on hold. Why? It is all her fault...

You see, eversince reading her blog a couple of days ago, and talking to my bro on the phone (about her), I've had this sudden unsatiated urge, call it a desire or itch if you want, to stuff myself silly with sweet treats! For the past couple of days, all I can and have been thinking about is her flourless chocolate cake and her spiced-bread-pudding-thinggy! Mmmm...

But alas, left stranded in this sad, lonely, forsaken place, where one is forced to fend for oneself and equipped with absolutely nothing (Fine! So it ain't that bad!), the task of producing such wonderful, heaven-sent goodies is no one's but mine alone! But fear not! For although an amateur, fortunately, I've been blessed with plenty of brains, heaps of innovative cells, a truck load of zealousness and an ever-supporting garbage-gobbling boyfriend!

And so, the first step in world domination, er...I mean my first self-taught baking/cooking lesson began last night. After chatting with Wei Na through MSN, I was all pumped up and hence, decided to try baking a cake! It was close to 1 am, mind you. The result? FANTABULOUS! The texture? Perfect! The shape? Perfect! The taste? Wundebar! It was simply...marvelous!

Okay, so the cake came out of a box. Doesn't matter does it? Cause I baked it! In fact, I even added a couple of secret recipes and 'improved' on the recipe quite a bit. Hmmm, not bad. Not bad at all!

Anyway, let's forget about yesterday and focus on tonight. Instead of baking something, I've decided to make onde-onde! Or rather, in my boyfriend's own words, "The lil' green balls which go 'chuiiiiit' when you bite into them!" I thought I'd try something relatively easy before I move on to more complicated goodies! Good idea, eh?

So, there you have it! The reason why I can no longer be on diet. It is all her fault. Had she not made any sweet delights herself, I wouldn't have had the cravings and wouldn't be forced to make (and eat!) all these goodies! You've got to believe me! It's really her fault! Hehe.

Oh well, until I go back to Malaysia in January (and gobble up her sweet treats!), I'll just have to make-do with my own culinary expertise (though non-existent). Hopefully the cravings will be gone after a week! Til then, diet's off! Desserts are in!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wandernut said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Really MY fault, huh?

Okay wat, Onde Onde not easy to make ya know! :) Kekekeke.

And looks like your comments section is being SPAMMED below.

12:36 PM GMT+10  
Blogger ... said...

Wandernut: It's really your fault!:)Will make onde-onde for you when I go back. As for spam, what can I do?

4:09 PM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home