A Showcase of the Self

My everyday life. In my own words.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mission failed.

As next week will be our 3rd year anniversary, I decided to get a lil' something for Ed. After all, I think he's gotten pretty tired of the 'love dockets' and 'IOUs' I've been giving him for the past 2 years.

So today, I told Ed that during our 2 hour shopping session in Chadstone after lunch, he and I should split up. He with his mum, and I with SH and B.

The night before, I had already planned my gift for him - a ring! He's been bugging me for over a year now to get him a one. I've been postponing it because there has never been a right moment. Normally, he shadows me wherever I go, or is somewhere nearby. Hence, never an opportune moment to 'surprise' him with one.

Anyhoo, we finally made it to Chadstone and for the very first time (ok, I might be exaggerating here!), I was free of his presence! Feeling an unusual sense of liberation, I plodded around after SH and B as they ushered me to a couple of shops which sold men's accessories.

After browsing through a range of rings, we (although they weren't much help as they said 'ok' to virtually everything!) agreed on one. Happily, I fished out my purse, pulled out my card and was about to pay for the ring when it happened!

I felt a pair of arms circling my waist and a very, very familiar voice cheekily saying, "Hmm, what are you all doing, huh?"

Shocked and slightly annoyed, I tried my best to save the situation (and face!) by muttering, "B is buying something for AM!"

Duh! It didn't take him long to figure out that we were standing at the men's ring section.

Sigh.

Oh well, atleast I got him the ring AND he got to try it on for size.

In B's words, "Mission failed!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Ó Seasnáin said...

it really is the thought that counts. i'm a guy, and i usually hate surprises. i just want to get it out of the way so i can move on to the next problem to solve...lol. i'm sure he loved that you thought of him. it's sweet.

8:16 PM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home