A Showcase of the Self

My everyday life. In my own words.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Why so?

A couple of days ago, a friend (on MSN) asked, "Why does your blog simply narrate the going-ons in your life, but very little about your inner thoughts and feelings?"

Stunned, I simply answered, "Lazy-lah! Have to think about how I feel...ish!"

Nonetheless, after that conversation, I felt a teeny-weeny bit bothered. Have I been doing that? Rather detached posts? Rarely expressing my innermost thoughts and feelings?

It must be true. After all, someone did point it out.

I guess the problem lies in my pride - the side of me that doesn't want to be seen as vulnerable.

If my blog were an anonymous one, I wouldn't give a donkey's tail who came and read the 'inner' me. But it's not. Hence, I can't truly express what I feel, what I want, what I dislike or even the ever-changing wave of emotions that bombard me everyday.

It's sad, I know.

Maybe, just maybe, one day when I feel a lil' bit braver, I'll let you catch a glimpse of the 'real' me...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't matter, as long as u still confide in me online!

-The Friend on MSN

12:35 AM GMT+10  
Blogger ... said...

"Friend": As if I've ever told you anything of value! Hehe! If I did, my whole life's story would be broadcasted - better than CNN!:P JK JK!

2:55 AM GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know the real erin.... she is pretty scary... hahahahaha!

6:25 PM GMT+10  
Blogger ... said...

PP: Got meh???? *stares straight into your eyes, daring you to say otherwise*

Hehe!

3:20 AM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home