A Showcase of the Self

My everyday life. In my own words.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Strange but true...

Ever get the feeling that something’s not right, but you can’t prove it?

I’m not exactly sure if my nagging thoughts are on the mark, but recently I’ve started suspecting that my doggy is being framed. Oh sure, call me paranoid, but I know my Sundae. She may be a mutt at times and dig up the trash or tear my undies to bits, but she definitely does not have a shoe, scarf or pen fetish! Furthermore, she’s a quick learner. Whack her thoroughly once and she’ll more often than not, stay away from that item – forever!

So, what is a doggy owner to think when strange things start occurring? Shoes get bitten (all of a sudden!), scarves are torn and a pen (in a nice UNMOVED pen holder) is crushed to itsy-bitsy pieces? Definitely yau keng-kuang (something fishy in Cantonese).

You see, if those things were destroyed under normal circumstances, I’d be alright. I’d whack Sundae ‘til her butt aches and nag her about boundaries. But they weren’t.

What makes me so certain? Elementary, dear Watson. Elementary.

Last night, upon my return I noticed that Sundae had attempted to ‘de-ball’ my scarf. She had pulled the strands off the end of my scarf which was in a shape of a fluffy ball. Minor damage done since I could push them back into place. I hit her hard, placed the damaged scarf in her face and left it there, basically for her to contemplate the graveness of her actions. Result? No more playing with that particular scarf for Sundae.

Today, to prevent a similar episode from occurring, I placed the damaged scarf and the ball’s filling on a high, narrow table which is beyond Sundae’s reach (the same table I put food stuff, and other fragile items). Not only is that table beyond her reach, it’s also quite wobbly which makes it hard for her to TRY to leap on it without me finding out. And so, I left the house with a sense of assurance – Sundae’s been whacked and has learnt her lesson, scarf is safely beyond her reach.

Lo and behold, when I got home today, the scarf and the wool filling Sundae had pulled out last night was all over the floor. I confronted the only person who was home, I’ll call him Kawan Serumah (what a coincidence for him to run out of his room the moment I came back!) who in turn blamed poor Sundae.

I was adamant. There was no way on earth Sundae could have gotten on that table unless, as Ed sarcastically pointed out, she sprouted wings and flew! AND, if she had dragged the scarf down after stretching her body a few inches longer, the filling she tore out the night before would be at the foot of the table and not at the other end of the room. ALSO, why would my dog place the rest of the scarf on my chair? The response I got, “I don’t know how, but unfortunately she did! I’m sure!”

I was and am furious. How dare he blame my dog. Things are beginning to add up. Not the first weird thing he’s done or said. Hmmph, why do such a mean thing? Jealously? Doesn’t he know that a dog is a man’s best friend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home